Looking to travel on a budget and still find Green accommodations? Check out this selection of eco-friendly hostels available via HostelWorld.com.
– All accommodations fashioned from recycled materials and renewable products.
– Instead of a typical hotel room, sleep in a converted school bus, a bamboo hut, even an old tractor.
– 3 acres of land, breathtaking views of the ocean and a volcanic crater. Even the outdoor toilet has a jungle view.
– Live off the land by taking advantage of gardens full of spices and salad greens.
– Take a kayak trip down the Charles River
– Hotel’s Green characteristics include recycling stations, energy efficient lighting and appliances, recyclable carpet and low-flow plumbing.
– Walking distance from hostel to Newbury Street shopping, Quincy Market, and Fenway Park. Surrounding neighborhood contains some of the area’s top-notch bars.
– Eight blocks from the White House.
– Each floor has its own recycling center.
– All paper used at reception is 100% recycled, CFL bulbs used throughout the hostel, eco-friendly soap used in kitchen.
– Environmental documentaries screened monthly.
– Stay in a tree house overlooking the ocean and pristine St. John beaches.
– Other lodging options include ecotents and cabins
Disclaimer – HostelWorld provided the information in this post. 1GreenProduct.com has not personally experienced or verified any of the eco-friendly amenities or features described above.